Explicit-stroke stands for Explaining Plasticity after stroke. The program is a 5 year multicenter collaboration investigating Brain Plasticity in relation to functional recovery of the upper limb after a first-ever ischemic stroke. Over the course of 5 years, 2008-2013, 2 Randomized Clinical Trials and several subprojects will be conducted. Read more..........
Four Dutch Academic Medical Centers and a Technical University participate in the Explicit-stroke program, working together with various rehabilitation centers (see Partners):
1. The VU University Medical Center (Project leader: Prof. Dr. G. Kwakkel)
2. The Leiden University Medical Center (Pen writer: Prof. Dr. J.H. Arendzen)
3. The University Medical Center St.Radboud (Principal Investigator, Prof. Dr. A. Geurts)
4. The Utrecht University Medical Center (Principal Investigator, Prof. Dr. E. Lindeman)
5. The Technical University Delft (Prof. Dr. F. van der Helm)